hpsc mail list

PHIL SLOFFER, MA067 855-1244 psloffer@ucs.indiana.edu
Sun, 05 Feb 1995 14:28:16 -0500

Hi all

I found a mail list for early keyboard instruments.  I plan to
subscribe but have not done so yet.  Since we have questions from
time to time about such things as forte-pianos I thought perhaps
some of you might be interested in this information.
-Phil Sloffer
the body of the message, type SUBSCRIBE HPSCHD-L followed by your
real name. For example, SUBSCRIBE HPSCHD-L Jane Q. User.

To unsubscribe from this list, send the command UNSUBSCRIBE
HPSCHD-L in e-mail to LISTSERV@albany.edu.

Send all other list-related commands to LISTSERV@albany.edu. For
assistance, send the command HELP.

Send all articles to HPSCHD-L@albany.edu

harpsichord, clavichord, fortepiano, piano

HPSCHD-L is devoted to early stringed keyboard instruments:
harpsichords, clavichords, fortepianos, virginals, and all
similar instruments except the modern piano.  The list is an open
forum for all topics related to these instruments, including
their theory and principles of construction, decoration, and
history and evolution from their earliest beginnings through
modern times.  Other topics for discussion include performers on
these instruments, performance practice, literature, pedagogy,
care and ownership.  We may also stray to include ads of
instruments/music/recordings for sale or wanted, discussion of
performances or recordings, and musical editions.

Resources:
You may obtain a list of archive and related files by sending the
command INDEX HPSCHD-L in the body of e-mail to
LISTSERV@albany.edu.