Room keys -Reply

Newton Hunt nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 08:21:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi, All,
      As the only technician on campus I have submasters to all the
building where I have pianos as well as entrance keys that have a lock
different to the submasters.
      I do *not* have keys to administration offices, computer lab and
keyboard lab, all of which I do not need.  There are some special rooms I
don't have keys for, like the percussion room, where I have to go and get a
key from one of the secretaries.  I tend to let those pianos go for a longer
period than others.
      Thirteen keys in all, with seven on my belt and the rest in my case.
      The "Keyboard Cubby", my shop, has an excluvise lock for which there
are only four keys.  One on my belt, one in my pocket (with my house keys),
one kept by the recording engineer, a friend and user of my tools, and one
kept by the department manager.  My problem is getting the custodian to clean
the shop.
      There is no justification for a technician not to have the keys
needed for access to instruments, including studios, halls, chapels, class
rooms, offices and practice rooms.
      Hope this is helpful.
            Newton J. Hunt
            nhunt@gandalf,rutgers.edu