Legs and Lyers

Newton Hunt nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu
Sun, 19 Feb 1995 15:34:12 -0500 (EST)

Hi, All and I hope you had a good weekend,

A friend and I are restoring and 1880s S&S rosewood D that was in my
inventory.  I took it out of service because the treble leg split and recked
the lyre and another leg.  Fortunately no one was hurt but the tought of it
gives me the chills.

This piano will be returned to the performance stage as it was built,
glorius rosewood vaneers, new board, new block, new action and new keys.

We need a lyre with fluted pillars.  If someone has heavily carved legs and
lyre of rosewood or mahogony please mail me a note.

Thank you.

      Newton J. Hunt
      nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu