Better Way

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Sat, 25 Feb 1995 14:53 -0500 (EST)

>Any ideas?  I there a better system?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Barbara Richmond
>Illinois Wesleyan University
>Bloomington, Illinois
>berich@heartland.bradley.edu
>That is, Is there a better system.  I wish I had a better
>e-mail system that would make correcting things easier.

Barb,

I don't know what kind of system you are working with but there are several
good programs for working with e-mail.  I use Eudora which is available by
ftp from
ftp:qualcom.com/pceudora

This is a windows program with good editing features.  It has a phonebook
section but they are called nicknames.  I just realized this after having
thought there was no way to save addresses.  If you are using a UNIX system
at school then I don't know much about that but there is the Internet
Adapter which lets you use Eudora on a UNIX machine.  You can get that off
the Web at
http://marketplace.com/tia/tiahome.html

There is documentation for Eudora at
http://CUTL.City.UniSA.edu.au/eudora/contents.html

This server is in Australia if that makes a difference on your account.  It
has complete hypertext documentation of the Eudora.

If you are working off a bulletin board that connects to the internet, there
are a number of offline readers that use the .QWK format if your bulletin
board supports it.  It takes all your mail, zips it and sends it to you as
one file then it unzips it and keeps all the individual messages straight.

I hope this is useful.
Ron

Ron Berry
ronberry@iquest.net

Collect 1000 of these signatures and win a free trip to Cyberspace!!