parts inventory

Bob Simmons bsimmons@wiley.csusb.edu
Sat, 25 Feb 1995 15:36:11 -0800 (PST)

I need some advice on developing a reasonable parts inventory for a small
univerity. Does anyone have a list of their inventory, especially in
evolutionary form from starting from scratch and moving towards well
stocked. We have 25 pianos (mixture of everything from Steinway 'D' to
Wurltizer studios). I have a small selection of tools and very few parts.
I don't think we've even got a budget to work with, so I'm gonna need to
sell on the need, as I go. We don't plan on doing rebuilding, but just
tuning, repairs, voicing, regulation, etc.

I've never been good in the area of inventory; my own shop is a constant
source of pleasant surprises, as I find miscellaneous items just after
I've sent in my order to the supplier. I need some practical help. Any
suggestions?

Bob Simmons
Cal. State University, San Bernardino