Bostons

David Porritt dporritt@sun.cis.smu.edu
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 20:18:26 -0600 (CST)

One of our faculty members spent some time this past weekend playing new
Bostons at the local Steinway Dealer.  He was impressed with the sound,
the action and the price.  He wants to investigate further with an eye to
the future purchases.

I told him that what I have played and what very little I have been able
to check them out, I have thought they look pretty good.  The only
question I had was their longevity.  They haven't been out long enough to
get a feel for their durability.

Since schools tend to put 10 years of wear on a piano every year I was
curious if anyone in music-school-land has any experience with these
instruments, particularly any feel for their durability.

When the faculty members have questions, I love to have answers.

Thanks,

Dave Porritt, RPT
SMU