The Wonderwand/Racquetbal...

AKarab@aol.com AKarab@aol.com
Sun, 01 Jan 1995 20:38:46 -0500

Jeff Stickney wrote:

>...hand was getting more and more sore. My mind began to imagine
> that my hand would feel more comfortable curled around a ball than
> the (relatively) pointed end of the hammer.  As my mind wandered
> (as it >has a tendency to do, especially in practice rooms!), a
> raquetball popped into my head (well, not literally).  So I went out
> and bought a pair of racquetballs, cut a hole in one and popped it
> over the end of my hammer.

Interesting idea!  A ball on the end of a regular-weight hammer.  The neck of
my hammer broke 3 days ago, and so I borrowed the Wonder wand a colleague
recently bought and loves.  While I appreciate the absence of  a corner of
wood digging into my pinky-palm joint, I miss the weight of the hammer closer
to the pin which is apparently part of how I read what it will take to bump
the pin around.  Since I am a tennis player and cannot stand the echoing
courts of raquetball, it never would have occurred to me that those
dimensions might be right!  Thanks for the tip.

Meanwhile, the bandaide budget says get a replacement shank for the hammer --
11 vs. 80 bucks!!  It was only 40 when I bought it, gee whiz.  Maybe this
shank will last 10 years as well...

Happy New Years, All

Audrey Karabinus, Seattle