Bechstein Action-Hamm Weight

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Wed, 04 Jan 1995 08:02:56 -0500

Dennis Johnson rote:
<< I realized that I could afford to trim about 3/32" off the hammer tails
without compromise (I had cut the lengths allowing for a generous 1" tail),
then tapered the mouldings a little more radically,>>
Have you ever weighed hammers, say with a digital scale to the 0.1g? (Did you
go to David Stanwood's class in KC this summer?) I'll send you a chart of
stock removal on a set of new Steinway factory M hammers, which graphs grams
removed and % of total hamm mass.

Calling all cars, calling all cars!!! Does any else out there weigh hammers?
I'd be glad to trade some specs.

Bill Ballard RPT   "I'll play it, 'n tell you what it is later"
NH Chapter                                 Miles Davis..........