Bridge pins, etc. -Reply from vin

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 09:16:36 -0600

On Wed, 18 Jan 1995, Conrad Hoffsommer wrote:

> Baldwin E 5'8" 1928or9
> After jabbing and vicegripping and generally thinking unclean thoughts, I
> felt that the only hope for this beastie was to return to the original
> types of materials and design. (There was a pitifull attempt at rescaling
> also!)

I think I remember hearing somthing about heating up those bridgepins if
they're especially tight.  Do you have some means of trying this? (Perhaps
one of those devices you use to heat up bushing cloth -- or a soldering iron
may come in handy in a pinch.)

> I'm not going back to pear knuckles, but I redid a C (6'3") that turned out
> fine. I also have a customer with a W 5'8", am I the only one with these
> old Baldwins?

Must be Lady Luck grinning at you!  :-)

Ron Torrella                  "Dese are de conditions dat prevail."
School of Music                           --Jimmy Durante
University of Illinois