Steinway Shoulder nut

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Thu, 19 Jan 1995 08:44:29 -0500

How about a hose clamp? I only just now thouight of it, and haven't tried it.
I was down to grabbing the cap nut with a pair of needle-nose vise grips, at
the waist where it wouldn't be visible. Whenever I tried to put cow hide
between the jaws and the nut, the serration of the jaws just bit through the
hide. (Leather doesn't have much friction and needs a certain amount of
pressure.)
The slots in the hose clamp band would get a slight bite into the nut, and
the pinion bolt assembly would give you plenty to grab on with.
Try it but don't sue me....

Bill Ballard RPT     "Four Sicilian sisters forced forsythia for Cynthia."
NH Chapt.                            said at our dinner table tonite.