Thin reedy sounds

Joel Jones jajones2@facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu, 19 Jan 1995 13:24:27 -0600

>Melodeon alert! Local museum curator just called asking for an
>appraisal on a 1858 melodeon being acquired. I said Id fix it, but
>no idea of value of donation.
>Anybody know anybody in upper midwest who could help? I'm located
>in NE Iowa, near MN & WI.
>Thanx,
>Conrad Hoffsommer - sucker for anything with a keyboard

Conrad,
        Give me more description of the melodian:  case design, makers,
serial number, general case & reed condition.
        I have a conection to a man who works for the historical society
next door to the SOM.  He may be able to help you with price and age.
        There is a book, (forgot the title) that gives general prices of
antiques that also lists values of melodians.  I'll try to remember what
the book is called.
J^2 Keep In Tune !