hearing protection

DaleP34429@aol.com DaleP34429@aol.com
Sun, 29 Jan 1995 15:37:25 -0500

Conrad,
    Have tried a couple of different types. Currently use a white foam plug
sold at drugstores that I toss when they get brown(dirty). When I  was target
shooting there was a plug that had a valve that closed on loud sounds but I
find the attenuation of total sound a help in really noisy environments. The
only problems I've had are with very old & worn pianos that have no tone
projection- I just take one out and all is well. After using plugs for five
years, I am not comfortable without them on the occasions I misplace them. (I
carry spares everywhere now, one advantage of the disposables, they are
cheap.) Hope it works for you.                         Dale Probst