Mason & Hamlin sustain pedal:

phillip c sloffer psloffer@indiana.edu
Wed, 05 Jul 1995 05:30:24 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Jul 1995, MR GARRET E TRAYLOR wrote:

> -- [ From: Garret E. Traylor * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --
>
> I have a client with a squeaking pedal on her "BB".  This is a five
> year old instrument.....................................................

Hi All

Does this M&H have a sorta normal trap with wood levers and so forth or
is this one of those with a big metal box that looks like something you
would never find under a piano?

If it is the usuall thing then all the advice you have gotten is good.
If it the other then I dont know.

We Have an older one with the metal box.  It had a squeek in it.  Had to
take the box off and remove the axel pins and clean and grease them.  It
was really a job.  Had to put it in the vice and beat the crap out of the
thing to get it appart.  Not the sorta thing customers like to watch.

Later,
-Phil

+  Phil Sloffer         +
+  psloffer@indiana.edu +