Thin washers

BDeTar@aol.com BDeTar@aol.com
Thu, 06 Jul 1995 12:20:48 -0400

Thanks, Keith, for the clarification to the "damn I screwed up" agraffe "how
much is enough" dissertation.  As a point of clarification, the actual amount
of rotation of the agraffe after contact with the plate is going to be
determined by the amount of "lip" on the underside of the agraffe.  The more
lip, the more you HAVE to turn the agraffe to avoid potential buzzing or
other problems.  I have seen quite a bit of variation within a set of
agraffes.

This illustrates, however, how important it is to "FEEL" our work.  "A
laborer uses hands to create, An artist uses her/his heart to create, but a
craftperson uses their hands AND heart to create".

To use the above as illustration, if the lips are of unequal dimensions, it
will be necessary to turn one agraffe more than the other to get the same
"feel" of snugness.  That's why it's still possible (probable) to need
washers for "fine tuning" agraffe position.

Hope this helped clarify!

Brian De Tar  RPT

P.S.

I SECOND THE KUDOS TO JACK REEVES FOR PIANOTECH!!!

Thanks, Jack.  It's a real gem!!