This and That

Paul Kupelian kupelian@Oswego.Oswego.EDU
Mon, 10 Jul 1995 13:26:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

Just a few hints and comments to make here.

While gluing the understring felt to the plate above the Agraffe field on
the plate, I was trying to figure out a way to hold the felt down evenly
along the contour of the plate when 'voila', my eyes fell upon some
plastic tubing about 3/8" in diameter.  I figured I would cut the tubing
to length and use it as a clamp between the felt and the Agraffe rail.
I was able to wedge the tubing down to hold the felt in place.

I don't know how it would work on other brands or models, but it works
great on a S&S "M".

On the humorous side, did any one see the the recent Irma Bombeck column
entitled "I Don't Want My Kid to Be President"?  She talks about the most
stressful jobs in the country like "accompanying Bobby Knight to a church
picnic. Cooking lunch for Julia Child, or being the social worker in
charge of community service who assigns Leona Helmsley as a Wal-Mart greeter.

She goes on to state that she doesn't want her children to grow up to be
president but rather find jobs that would result in productive lives, and
live them longer.

Then to quote her- "If sheepherding is not a viable option, how about a
music instrument repairer?  Did you ever see a piano tuner sweat?  He has
his head under the lid and plucks for hours.  No one knows when he finds
what he is listening for.  He collects his money and leaves."

Any rebuttals??????

Regards,
Paul
kupelian@oswego.edu