-------------ORIGINAL POS...

BJFine@aol.com BJFine@aol.com
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 12:18:45 -0400

This fellow thought his wife had hearing loss.  Everytime he talked to her
across the room, she never seemed to hear him.  She told him that it was HE
who had hearing problems and that he just wasn't hearing her answers.

Not believing that he could be deaf, he decided to do a scientific test.
 When she was seated across the room reading, he paced off 20 paces and said
in a normal voice <Can you hear me dear?>  No response.  He cut the distance
in half .. ten paces <Can you hear me dear?> No response. My god, the
thought, I'm right, she really is deaf.  He went to five paces from her. <Can
you hear me dear?>  She finally responded <For the THIRD time, YES!!!>

I'm not quite sure how that fits in to the problem of  telling a client that
he/she has hearing loss, but perhaps there's  a connection somewhere.  Are
there piano tuners with hearing loss?

This harpsichord person is enjoying PIANOTECH  and is very much impressed
with your know-how, your willingness to share it and your humor.

BJFine  for Hubbard Harpsichords, Inc.