Renner Wippens

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Sun, 16 Jul 1995 13:48:27 -0400

Allan Gilreath rote 7/6:
<<Just a quick question concerning Renner wippens.  I recently used a set
along with shanks and Premium Blues on an action rebuild and found the
repetition string to be way stronger than I needed.  I finally got it down by
turning the adjusting screw way up after decreasing the tension with my Hart
springn tool.  Is this common or is my case the only one?>>

My standard procedure with the screw-adjustable rep levers is, on first
regulation, to set the screw in the middle of the adjsuting range, and then
do an initial spring-bending to start the spring off at correct strength in
the middle of the range. The only set I've recently had was when RennerUSA
filled a back order of non-screw Steinway reps with the adjustables. I wasn't
about to bump myself down the list of back-order fills by returning what
wasn't my preference. And yes, the springs did arrive strong.

Bill Ballard, RPT           "Out here on the food chain, you either diet,

NH Chapt, PTG                    die, or dine" .......folksinger Mark Graham