Key Leads

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 09:42:17 -0500

        Speaking of Inertia and such things, how do you all like to
rebalance the "Accerlated" keyboards? Do leave the leads starting from the
back or knock 'em all out and start over from the front?  For some time now
I've been reinstalling leads as needed from the front (as the factory is
actually doing again now) but lately I've been wondering if perhaps the
idea wasn't completely foolish. I'm still trying to tell if its my
imagination, but I really think that I can feel the difference between one
lead at the very front and *slightly* more lead towards the middle, so
tough weight is the same. As much as I am irresistably attracted to using
less lead, I think that maybe the other example actually starts smoother.
Was this really a sound idea that unfortunately got blasted due to other
weight/geometry problems?

        I enjojed the Kluge response to this question when I asked him a
few years ago. He said, "Don't you hav teeter-totters in your country?
Wheir do you sit?"

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College