RE Key Lead Position

Kenneth Sloane Kenneth_Sloane@qmgate.cc.oberlin.edu
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 14:26:13 -0500

                      Subject:                              Time:  2:20 PM
  OFFICE MEMO         RE Key Lead Position                  Date:  7/26/95

I vote for more weights towards the fulcrum. Remember, the inertia is figured
by squaring the distance of the mass from the center of rotation. I have
improved the feel of actions for faculty members by doing just this (same
touch weight kept). Another hint: use jiffy weights screwed to the bottom of
the keys for weighting. Cut some in half to have lighter weights than the full
size to work with. Advantages are you don't have to full up holes if you
change the weighting then and installation is easier.

Ken Sloane, Oberlin Conservatory