Key Leads

Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 17:40:46 -0400 (EDT)

     I'll add my vote for weighing from the balance rail forward.  I prefer
     this "accelerated" weighting to the other way around, although it
     certainly makes the actions harder to carry around!

     There is no question that the difference can be felt. It was my
     understanding that Steinway did some testing of repetition speed and
     key bounce back in the 30s before they adopted this method, and it
     would be interesting to see their data and find out how the tests were
     done.  Since Steinway is reading these messages now, maybe someone can
     respond.

     It would also be interesting to know why they changed back to "normal"
     front-to-back weighting in the 80s.

     Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com