Pleyel Help

BenGPS@aol.com BenGPS@aol.com
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 09:00:57 -0400

Stephen Birkett wrote about the Pleyel #24360 (1856-7) which I was appraising
for a small college here in Kentucky:
If you have a moment I'd be interested to know whether the action is single
English on your Pleyel and also have a look at the soundboard...there was a
period when Pleyel experimented with laminated soundboards (I think they used
a three-ply mahogany-spruce laminate at one time)...

I am off on my last vacation of the year, and will look again at the
instrument next week, I hope.  I will let you know what I find.   This Pleyel
experience drew me to Odd Aanstad's class on the early piano in Albuquerque
convention.  Great class!

Ben Griffith, see ya later.