New listserv

Mike Musial mike.musial@syene.com
Sat, 29 Jul 1995 02:06:00 +0000 (GMT)

JM>level. Another idea was to have those 90% of the subscribers who don't
JM>contribute to the dialogue unsubscribe and access the archive on WWW every
JM>few days.
JM>        I'm fairly certain we could start up a listserv on one of the
JM>machines here at the University of Illinois for non-university technician
JM>discussion, etc. I'd personally like to see everyone on one group as one
JM>big happy family, but that doesn't seem likely. You can always subscribe
JM>to BOTH listservs!

I have been waiting for an opportunity to contribute here but, although
I have been an RPT for almost 20 years, and fill-in a few weeks a year
at a university, the conversations here are simply too esoteric for me.

A list, not necessarily for beginners, but for technicians to share
their experiences and offer help to others with a perplexing tech
question would be great.  However, it seems that for the general public
to have access to this sort of thing would hinder its usefulness,
particullarilly if problems are related to a particular brand of piano
or regarding customer/technician/manufacturer/retailer relations.

I am personally hoping that the PTG will provide its members with a
small multi-line BBS which would provide forums to enable technicians to
discuss the various aspects of our profession freely.  A QWK/REP Mail
Door allowing fast retrieval and offline reading would make any long
distance charge minimal.

Perhaps it could also have a file area or two to provide reference text
files and shareware programs that may be of use in running our buisness
better.

---
 * SLMR 2.1a * We are masters of our destiny but slaves to our taglines.