New listserv

robin fox foxqx001@gold.tc.umn.edu
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 16:56:57 -0500

Myself, I have appreciated the existing LISTSERV. Most of the discussion has
gone through me without making many stops, but its really nice to know its
there. I wouldn't call the many questions I have those of a beginner, yet it
hasn't seemed that it has been quite the right forum for me.

I appreciate the format of LISTSERV opposed to a BBS since I much prefer a
one-stop pickup of my mail.

I see no harm in more than one mailing group, in fact its inevitable.
Our community is, or will be, far too big for one happy playing field.
The possibilities of specialization into perhaps numerous mailing groups
is quite exciting. Especially if folks came forward to do running digests
of each one!

For starters, a LISTSERV that is screened could solve some problems. The
simplest screening would be for PTG members. Others might join by
application to PTG HQ, or through any current member.

(Robin Fox)