Hitch pin adjustment

Serge Harel harel@clic.net
Sun, 30 Jul 1995 06:14:29 -0400

Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

>I'd not go quite as heavy as Horace recommends. Through the lower treble
>section I'd like to see about 0.5 to 0.75 degrees and in the upper
>treble section I'd like about 0.75 at beginning of the section going up
>to 1.0 or 1.25 degrees at C-88. (I'm assuming that this piano is several
>years old. A new board would be loaded a bit heavier.)

Dear M. Fandrich and list members

I got an 10 years old S&S D in my shop to restring.
The crown is is 4mm  at 50% of humidity.
And there is a lot of downbearing 3 to 4 degrees on the long bridge and
2 degres at the E20 on the bass bridge to 0.5 degrees at the A1.

Do you think it's excessive?

This piano is one of the best concert grand in town.

Serge Harel