Almost Acoustic

Daleboy@aol.com Daleboy@aol.com
Thu, 01 Jun 1995 07:50:15 -0400

I attended the "Perkins School of Piano Tuning and Technology" (and sometimes
pancake house), run by the late Robert (Bob) Perkins. This was around
'79-'80. (Iwas only three at the time)  Bob was interested in all sorts of
musical instruments, of particular note was an Estey pipe organ built in the
shape of a very large grand piano case. He acquired this thing from a little
old lady just outside of Elyria, Ohio (she only played it on Sundays). I was
part of the team organized to dismantel,label, transport, and reassemble this
beast in the bowels of Perkins School. I graduated just before it was
completely reassembled.
I understand that Estey made only several of these instruments......(with a
thirty foot bass note pipe shaped like pretzel to fit inside the case, I can
understand why).
Just curious to see if any one has seen such an instrument around in your
travels.
Dale Whitehead RPT (class of '79, got the shingles to prove it) I make great