Hammer steaming

Larry Fisher larryf@pacifier.com
Thu, 01 Jun 1995 07:45:46 -0700 (PDT)

> >I write in support of fabric softeners.  Diluted with alcohol 8 parts
> >alcohol to one part softener
>
> Which type of alcohol is that?  Isoprypol?  Ethyl?
>
> Audrey Karabinus,   Seattle

Well Audrey, I hadn't given it much thought, however, no that you ask me
to actually do some real thinking........the really correct stuff to use
is wood alcohol because it totally evaporates (like totally real), and
then you could argue about how little else there supposedly is in alcohol
( Isopropyl or Ethyl) and how hammers over the years have had worse
substances put in them, ......(time for a new sentence about now)

I think I've used whatever I could find in a drug store.  I try to keep
it a long distance from the Grain Alcohol (southern Missouri and the
hills of Arkansas).....you definately wouldn't want to use [waste good]
grain alcohol on hammers.  It has quite a bit of sugar in it, not to
mention moldy grain, composted potatoes and a twinge of antifreeze
dependiing on the brand.  The sugar in this case would not have the
desired effect on the sugar coating on the crown of the hammer described
by some instructors.

--- Larry Fisher RPT, Portland Metro's Authority on PianoDisc Systems
        For more information call (360) 256-2999 in Vancouver, Wa.