new

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Thu, 01 Jun 1995 19:18:10 +0300

>Greetings from Boise Idaho where the sky is blue.
>
>How do I get a list of y'all subscribers ?????
>
>Also ..... without sounding facetious, where do we draw the line on how much to
>"plug" our own respective companies in this here forum?   This is NOT meant to
>be an attack on Baldwin or Young Chang.....  just want to know the concensus.
>
>Ray Chandler
>76307.2247.compuserve.com

Hi Ray,

Greetings from Austin, TX. We sure miss having you here (where the sky has
been cloudy for the past few weeks, or so it seems).

My own feeling is that since we are the guest of BYU and Jack Reeves, and
since it is by their good graces that we even have a forum, we should
probably try our best to avoid sales, promotions, or specific marketing
from _any_ company and focus our thoughts on the more general technical
aspects of our profession (excluding, of course, the last few posts
referring to spit, saliva, etc. on dampers <grin>). It is very kind of the
BYU folks to keep this forum going (and expensive, no doubt). Let's not
give them a reason to question their generosity.

Tom Seay
The Unversity of Texas at Austin
t.seay@mail.utexas.edu