new, etc.

Fri, 02 Jun 1995 12:53:53 -0500 (CDT)

Vince Mrykalo responded to the guru thusly:

> This is rediculous.  A free flow of ideas here is paramount.  I
> agree with Gordon Large from VT, and I wouldn't worry about saying
> something that might sound like a sales pitch.  I don't think that
> even needs to be an issue.  Please do not become a lurker, Mr. piano
> guru. Would anyone who was offended please raise your hand.

I'm raising my hand, but not because I'm offended. (deja vu, Vince?)
More like seconding or more.

If a contributor to this list works for a particular manufacturer,
store, college, or governmental agency is (and should be)
irrelevant. This attachment may, and probably will, reveal a certain
prejudice, but that may only serve to lend credence to the posting.

I'd pick on Don Mannino as an example. Who but a factory "insider"
could have given us an insight as to when, where and why certain
woods are currently being put into instruments we service?

Who but college techs could have given us an "in-the-trenches"
view of leasing/buying institutional pianos?

Who but a tech at a Lutheran college could deign to mount the pulpit
like this? ;-)

Stepping down a little...  Today's "review" of PIANOTECH shows over
150 subscribers, including US, Canada, Sweden and the Netherlands.
We also go to the Am. Fed. Musicians bulletin board.

Who was it said "Don't put anything on the Internet that you wouldn't
want to see in the National Enquirer"

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT     |      ...and when it worked the first time
Luther College             |      I darn near broke my arm patting