Pedal Problem

phillip c sloffer psloffer@indiana.edu
Fri, 02 Jun 1995 13:54:11 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 31 May 1995 DAVander@aol.com wrote:

> I have a problem with the pedal on a Conn console.  The sustain pedal has
> worn quite a bit and ovaled out the hole in the pedal where the pedal pin is
> inserted. The pedal has a lot of play from side to side, and wobbles
> severely.  Is there any way to repair this hole so that a new pedal pin can
> be inserted tightly.......................

Hi All

All the repairs mentioned sound great to me.  However dont forget that
this repair often needs to be done on your hands and knees with the pedal
inside the pedal rail otherwise you cannot get the pedal & pin assemble back
in the piano and have to drive the pin out and start over again.

Later,
-Phil

+  Phil Sloffer         +
+  psloffer@indiana.edu +