Pedal problem

k.swafford@genie.geis.com k.swafford@genie.geis.com
Sun, 04 Jun 1995 21:33:00 +0000 (UTC)

This may be too simple to mention here, and will only work to a point.
(It sounds like the pedal on the Conn piano that David Vanderhoofven
was working on may already have been too far gone for this -- but
maybe this could have helped temporarily.)  Often, it is when we are
looking for the cause of a squeak or other unwanted noise that we find
a pin in a pedal that is just loose enough to slip around and cause
extra noise.  Remove the pin, and using two pairs of pliers put a bend
in the middle of the pin, then put an additional bend on either side
of the middle bend to return the ends of the pin to a straight,
"in-line" status.  The amount of looseness needing to be fixed will
vary, so adjust the angles of the bends accordingly.

     Pin-bending-ly yours,
                                             Kent Swafford