Nap-time controversy?

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Mon, 05 Jun 1995 10:21:01 -0600

>Re: Nap of knuckle leather.....
>
>It has come to my attention, privately, that there exists a
>difference of opinion, or even NO opinion about direction of
>leather nap.

In my opinion, the top of the jack should have a solid grip on the leather
when pushing on the knuckle which means against the nap, and should be given
every opportunity to return to position as quickly as possible with the
least friction, or with the nap. While it may not make _much_ difference in
some cases this arrangement may allow a finer regulation with a minimum
chance of the jack misfiring.

                        John
John Musselwhite, RPT               Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com              sysop@67.cambo.cuug.ab.ca