software of interest (or not)

CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
Tue, 06 Jun 1995 09:36:46 -0500 (CDT)

Hi All!

The following appeared on another list and probably doesn't really apply
to many of us but, given my penchant for new toys and things that look
interesting, I thought I'd pass this along.

I haven't downloaded it yet (no sound card, etc.) so I don't know
anything else about it at this point.  If anyone does get around to
playing with it, I'd be interested to hear their reactions to it.

Alan Crane, RPT
Wichita State University
crane@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu

Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 03:21:37 -0700
Sender: tuning@eartha.mills.edu
From: COUL@ezh.nl (Manuel Op de Coul)
To: crane@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu
Subject: FWD: TUNE!IT - Musical Instrument Tuner for Windows

This appeared on comp.music:

Subject: TUNE!IT - Musical Instrument Tuner for Windows
From: Detlef Volkmer <dvolkmer@zeta.org.au>
Date: 27 May 1995 01:13:12 GMT

This is for anybody looking for a high quality musical
instrument tuning program for Windows.

TUNE!IT is a program designed to tune musical instruments by
using a microphone or directly connecting your instrument
(if it has a pickup) to the PC's soundcard.
TUNE!IT automatically detects the pitch of the input signal
and displays the corresponding note and its deviation from
standard tuning. Optionally it can display the spectrum
of the input signal, from  which the instrument's harmonics
can be identified.

Hardware/Software requirements :
 - IBM PC compatible 386 upwards
 - Windows compatible soundcard (e.g SOUNDBLASTER)
 - microphone or instrument lead
 - Microsoft Windows (version 3.1 or later)

Tune!It is Shareware and can be downloaded from
 ftp://ftp.zeta.org.au/home/dvolkmer/tunit103.zip  (128 KB)