Advertising on the list (was PIANOS FOR SALE)

Israel Stein istein@world.std.com
Thu, 08 Jun 1995 07:17:25 +0059 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 Jun 1995 Mortier@aol.com wrote:

> Anyone interested in some interesting oldies? I just don't have the room.
> Maybe you do!
>
> HALLETT & DAVIS square grand c. 1888. Black and in nice shape, though needs
> the usual hammer alignment job. Big. $400. or b.o.

(remainder cut)

> FOB West Chester, PA (near Philadelphia).
> Philip Jamison

I suppose it was inevitable - I guess the time has come to deal with
advertising on the list. If we don't want this list to be taken over by
people trying to peddle one thing or another,(hey - free advertising! Go
get them!) maybe we should let Mr. Johnson know that this kind of thing
generally isn't tolerated on mailing lists. Unless, of course, the
majority of the subscribers would like to allow it. In which case we'll
probably need a poll...
 I also wish to point out that the use of all capitals letters (as Mr.
Jamison did in his subject line) denotes shouting under the conventions
of electronic communication. This is extremely impolite.

Israel Stein