Advertising

Thu, 08 Jun 1995 10:11:04 -0500 (CDT)

-numerous snips-
> On Wed, 7 Jun 1995 Mortier@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Anyone interested in some interesting oldies? I just don't have the room.
> > Philip Jamison
> >

> I suppose it was inevitable - I guess the time has come to deal with
> advertising on the list. If we don't want this list to be taken over by
> people trying to peddle one thing or another,(hey - free advertising! Go
> get them!)
>
> Israel Stein

Perhaps our illustrious listowner could post the list of aims and
parameters of the list, I know I got something along that order
when I subscribed, but to find it at this point would take
Gunga Din.

Other lists _do_ allow notification of sales, but usually w/o
specific $$$. and **certainly** more specific description.

Perhaps a format which encouraged private inquiries for details?

Certainly nothing can be done to prevent ads appearing, short of
a fully moderated list. -No, I DON'T want that!- The double edged
 sword of the "anarchy" of the net is at work.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT     |      ...and when it worked the first time
Luther College             |      I darn near broke my arm patting