advertising?

Stephen Birkett SBIRKETT@envsci.uoguelph.ca
Thu, 08 Jun 1995 12:41:44 -0400 (EDT)

The subject of `advertising' often comes up on these listservs. While
it is difficult to clearly define what `advertising' is, it seems to
me that it isn't difficult to identify *commercial* advertising and
this is always considered inappropriate. On the other hand the
posting on `pianos for sale' seems to me to be more like putting a
note on a bulletin board at the office or similar...in moderation not
obtrusive and possibly informative or useful to the receiver. A
clearly identified classified ad can easily be deleted unread. One
occasionally sees instruments for sale on the music lists. My 0.02.

Stephen Birkett (Fortepianos)
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
tel: 519-885-2228
fax: 519-763-4686