Piano to Univ tech formula

JHarvey440@aol.com JHarvey440@aol.com
Fri, 09 Jun 1995 00:52:02 -0400

[Newton Hunt said, in part]

I have 130 pianos to try to maintain, with myself and me as helpers.  I need
another 1.5 technicans bassed upon climate, age, usage, quality and condition
of our stock.

---end of quote

I have the distinct impression that the following questions have been covered
before, if not here, then certainly in the C&U newsletter/other medium.
Having seen -none- of these discussions, my question is...

Is there a formula (in pianos, students, faculty, or whatever) for
determining when a college/university needs a part-time technician instead of
situational subcontracting? What about the numbers for full-time versus
part-time? Of course, I'm talking about the -normal- university work load,
including shop and or the concert work being discussed herein.

My reason for asking is that I now service one university and two colleges,
and assist at still another university. In the best interest of the client(s)
-- if not in my best interest -- I'd like to be able to advise them when its
time for them to start considering their options.

-Jim Harvey