Piano to Univ tech formula

Barb Richmond brichmon@titan.iwu.edu
Fri, 09 Jun 1995 14:07:42 -0500 (CDT)

>     I'm waiting for the PTG to hire a consulting business who would look at
>     this issue from an objective standpoint.  The Guild's presentation, while
>     it may have merit, has little ground to stand on because it appears to be
>     self-serving (the Guild is made up of its members, the survey was done
>     among members so *of course* the outcome would be tilted in favor of the
>     members!).  So says the administration at this University...
>
>     Ron Torrella
>     University of Illinois

Unfortunately, that was the same reaction I got at IWU.  In my report
pleading my case at IWU, I supplied the number of hours I worked and
how those hours were used.  I came up with some pretty frightful
statistics for what wasn't getting done.  It of course had *some* meaning
for the school of music faculty/administration, but I'm not sure the IWU
administration (the ones who allocate the money) could understand-- even
though I used analogies of computers and sports equipment.

Barbara Richmond
Illinois Wesleyan University
Bloomington, Illinois
brichmon@titan.iwu.edu