Today's questions

Jack Reeves reevesj@BYUGATE.byu.edu
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 12:02:51 -0700

Several subscribers wrote to me yesterday and today that they
were not receiving their pianotech messages.  If you suspect that
you have missed something, check the archives.  With a web
browser, go to
gopher://acs2.byu.edu:70/11/computing%20information/BYU%20LISTSERV%20List%20Archives/pianotech
and see what you
have missed (if anything).  Sometimes messages go through
instantly, and sometimes they backlog for several hours,
depending on other demands placed on the server, down time,
etc.

Many have written me about the list; its purpose, rules for use,
etc., etc.  I created the list as a service to the College and
University Committee of the PTG, and I'm hoping that in
Albuquerque during appropriate committee meetings and also
during the College and University forum there will be ample
discussion (and hopefully some during council also).  If you were
surprised by the "hurray, school's out" comments, please
understand that the list exists for College and University
technicians.  The incredible growth of the list obviously points out
the need for this type of communication for non-college
technicians, and John Baird and members of the PTG Electronic
Communications Committee are exploring other possibilities for
the PTG membership at large.  Your input would be most
welcome.

On very rare occasions, I have deleted a subscriber when the
address went bad for several days.  That fills my mailbox with
undeliverable attempts messages, and I have to control the
amount of time I devote to the Pianotech list.  If you find yourself
off the mailing list, get your address problems solved and then
resubscribe.  To get a list of the subscribers, write to
listserv@byu.edu           leave the subject blank, and in the body
of the message say    review pianotech

I hope a lot of you will be in Albuquerque, so we can talk about
Pianotech, and electronic communication in general.