Action Geometry

Serge Harel harel@LLC.org
Wed, 21 Jun 1995 08:45:32 +0000

> As a result of reading Dennis Johnson's key ratio request:
>
> Will someone please re-educate me as to the method of placing a string or
> thread from the hammer flange center to some other action part to determine
> appropiate alignments?
>
> Keith A. McGavern, RPT
> Oklahoma Chapter

Hi Keith

This the method:

When the key is half way down you suppose to have a line
between the hammer flange centre pin, the capstan-wippen contact point
and the wippen flange centre pin.

This give a good vector position and less friction on the capstan-wippen contact
point.

But some action do not have the line and work fine.

Serge Harel
Quebec City, Qc