Colon Stuff

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 06:35:08 -0500

On Mon, 26 Jun 1995 Daleboy@aol.com wrote:

> HEADS
> (made from veal or goat intestine, tough stuff) and applied with hide glue.
> The above material was moistened just a bit as to accept the hot hide
> glue......too much moisture softens the material too much and will weaken it.
> Split the flanges with a very thin saw blade from a hobby shop. Let me know
> what happens.....Dale Whitehead RPT (Daleboy@aol.com) Nashville Tn.

<Sorry 'bout the incomplete message.>

As I was saying... now that I've steamed out the old leather, I have to
figure out how to get hide glue into the crack and then the replacement
leather *without shoving the glue out*.  I'm wondering if I should just
apply the glue to the leather, then shove it in.

This is a rather tricky business--replacing the leather in this old
piano.  Next time I'll just replace the underlevers with modern stuff!
But for now, I can say I've had the experience.

Ron Torrella
School of Music         ** STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY **
University of Illinois