Most important tuning technique

Ken Hale khale@oro.net
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 18:41:27 -0700

>I mentioned in an earlier posting that I'm a new tuner.  So, here is a
>question for all you old timers.
>
>What individual tuning technique do you consider the most important in
>doing "quality" tunings?
>
>If you would like to post an answer, please narrow your perspective to
>one "thing" that you do rather than give an overview of all of your
>techniques.
>
>All responses will be appreciated.
>
>Allen Leigh
>a-leigh@risky.wcslc.edu

Hi Allen,

Good question and I bet you'll get some answers.

My most important technique has been ear training, listening to the tone,
beats, attack, noises, everything. Without a trained ear I personally don't
think any other tuning or voicing technique will be used to the best.

               Ken Hale

                      khale@oro.net     Compuserve: 74633.2474