Correction and Apology

stanwood stanwood@tiac.net
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 09:46:19 -0400

>As a point of clarification, those parts only cost that much when they are
>ordered through Steinway and Sons--NOT when they are ordered through Renner
>USA.

>Tom Seay

As far as I know Renner USA does not supply the same shank that Steinway
supplies.  The Steinway part is made with the Knuckle farthur out and it
designed for the current weight hammer supplied by Steinway.

The Renner USA knuckle is significantly closer to the flange center and in
most cases is not compatable with the weight hammer that Steinway makes,
(heavier than most).

Stanwood