Thin washers

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 10:43:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ron,

>I guess you've figured out how to get that tiny piece of wire to stay out
>at the perimeter of the agraffe seating area.  As I recall, most agraffes
>have a recess in the area where they seat against the plate.  Would you
>please share your secret with us?  :-) Do you, perhaps circle the copper

I think the recess is a fairly recent innovation (that I heartily approve
of).  The ones I've had to shim were flat on the bottom - but it's a good
point.  All of my work with recessed agraffs has been with new replacement,
in which case I use the mill.

>wire several times?  How about taking a hammer to such a ring before
>dropping it under the agraffe?  Matter of fact, that's how I get the
>supply house agraffes to fit (the ones that you mentioned as being too
>thick to be of use).  If they're too tall, I smack `em a few times with a
>hammer.  They usually flatten out to where they're useful.  Okay, once in
>a while their diameter gets a little on the hesitant-to-get-into-the-
>seating-area side (too big diameter-wise), but I've found that I can trim
>them with a pair of end cutters to make them fit.

Good idea - why didn't I think of this? ;^)

Mark Story, RPT

Eastern Washington University        |  mstory@ewu.edu
Cheney, Washington, USA                |  mark.story@phunnet.org

"Is it not strange, that sheeps' guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"
                               Shakespeare - Much Ado About Nothing