Rail Cloth

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Mon, 01 May 1995 10:47:18 -0800 (PST)

>1.)     Although the majority of S&S actions leave the factory with hammer
>rail cloth, it is not true that they all have, or always did. We have a D
>here, for example, from 1964 with original parts (until last year) that had
>no rail cloth, and I have also seen others.

1964? Oh, well... they probably just ran out. ;-)

>2.)     After a year or so under the flanges, do you really think that this
>thin felt as any cushion left in it? The ones I see are hard.

I agree. That's why I don't use that crappy, thin self-adhesive stuff they
use now. I see this as an argument in favor of thicker felt than none at all.

>7.)     Because not doing it saves at least 30 seconds.

Hey, thirty seconds here, thirty seconds there and pretty soon you've got a
coffee break! ;-)

Mark

Mark Story, RPT

Eastern Washington University        |  mstory@ewu.edu