Vector problem

Vince Mrykalo REEVESJ@ucs.byu.edu
Wed, 03 May 1995 11:13:07 -0600 (MST7MDT)

> Date:          Wed, 03 May 1995 10:29:34 -0600 (MDT)
> From:          darst@humanitas.ucsb.edu (William E. Darst)
> Subject:       Re: Vector problem
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <pianotech@byu.edu>

> >Serge,
> >The thing I have done on Kawais is to make the knuckle smaller.  This
>
> Vince,
>
> What sort of procedure do you use to make the knuckle smaller?
>
> Bill Darst

Bill,
It's about a three hour operation (not including the reregulating
time) entailing taking each hammer assembly off and cutting the
knuckle leather close to the shank on the hammer side of the knuckle.
With the core exposed, I sand the bottom half of the core down until
I'm left with 7/32" from shank to end of what's left of the core.
Gluing pieces of action cloth to the core with a hot glue gun, nip
off corners of the new cloth, I glue back the knuckle covering with
the same glue gun, stretching it fairly tightly.
I therefore have done two things: reduced the diameter of the knuckle
and have corrected a too loose knuckle covering.

---
Vince Mrykalo