The "other" RPT's

k.swafford@genie.geis.com k.swafford@genie.geis.com
Wed, 17 May 1995 07:53:00 +0000 (UTC)

 >For the record, my message was derived from word play. I didn't mean
 >to hit a nerve ending (if that was the case). I'm likely the -only-
 >person who didn't know about physical therapists until I had need to
 >visit one. If only I didn't lead such a sheltered life... sigh!
 >
 >-Jim Harvey

     Jim, you didn't hit a nerve;  I must not have completed my
thought.  The American Physical Therapy Association is a much, much
bigger organization than the PTG.  The APTA has headquarters in
Washington, DC, and employs lobbyists to influence Congress, the
insurance companies, medical doctors, and the general public.  Even
so, I'd wager you were far from the only one here who hadn't heard of
the other RPT's.  If a big organization like the APTA can't get its
members' moniker known to the public, what chance does a tiny
organization like PTG...     (You get the picture.)

                                             Kent Swafford