Spittle (was gluing, etc...)

Bill Spurlock, RPT 74077.3053@compuserve.com
Wed, 24 May 1995 23:52:11 -0400 (EDT)

>I must agree with Mr. Torrella re: spitting on piano parts.

>Tying in an earlier thread of rodentia
>and insects and all the interesting things they can transmit, I
>think it only prudent to use tap water w/cotton swab to place
>moisture where it may be indicated.

To put things back in perspective, when I mentioned the word "spit" in
connection with moistening pre-glued flange bushing cloth, I only meant to
convey using the most expedient method of activating the glue; i.e. transfer a
small drop of saliva from tongue to finger to bushing cloth, to save walking to
a water source (which in a store, school or church may take a few minutes). It
should go without saying that if you're finger is dirty you wouldn't want to
touch your tongue with it.

Bill Spurlock, RPT