Copyright Infringement

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Thu, 25 May 1995 11:31:44 -0400

(sigh...)
Well I suppose it is good to learn all this copyright stuff before a disaster
occurs.  It seemed to be such a convenient and quick way to assemble a
chapter newsletter with all of this 'cream of the crop' information.  (few
people in my chapter offer material for it, and once I even included a
brownie recipe to make a point that I needed more input)  Certainly I
understand the point about taking something out of context, and that it
really doesn't take much time to request permission to reprint something,
although I will say that when I purchased my computer, I thought that
probably a 386 would be fine. I thought that the difference in time it takes
a 386 as opposed to a 486 (or faster) computer would be a very minor
consideration.  Thankfully I was convinced to go with a 486, and after 2
years, I spend a lot of time swearing at it for being too slow.  My point is,
 time is relative, (credit goes to Einstein on that one,... I didn't get his
okay to use that though because he's dead) I try to produce the best
newsletter I can in the shortest amount of time so that I can return to work
that produces income.   In the future I will be requesting permission to use
anything I find newsletter worthy because "The law is the law" (credit for
that last quote goes to my father.  At least that's where I first heard that)

Gordon Large
Mount Vernon, ME