Knuckle leder - thanks

Fri, 26 May 1995 15:56:07 -0500 (CDT)

Newton replied:

> Hi, Conrad,
>     Try the blankets _after_ the job.  Sorry my tricks didn't work!
>     Better luck next time.>       Have a gluing good time.
>           Newton      nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu

...but...

Just finished putting the new knuckles on, and I must say that they
were the worst set I've ever done - nevermind that they were also the
first set!

The variance in shape and nap is amazing. Some were very round, but
there were too many which were oval (and small). Nap varied from
hirsute to baby butt.

Kept thinking that at least the speed bumps were being taken care of,
as well as taking less time than rehanging hammers. (On shanks I don't
have anyway). Even w/o re-regulation, they DO feel better, so it wasn't
a __complete__ waste of time.

I think that the set was left by my predecessor as a timebomb.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT     |      ...and when it worked the first time
Luther College             |      I darn near broke my arm patting