Accu-Tuner Tapes

PianoTech@aol.com PianoTech@aol.com
Fri, 26 May 1995 23:49:56 -0400

>That is exactly right.  Itis an opinion held by many in regard to
using a machine,that you will lose your ear, but I found it not to
be the case either.

(How does one get those >'s in front of quoted passages, certainly not by
hand---help, please........)

I think of my Accu-Tuner more as a tool, not a machine.
IT doesn't tune the piano, I do. A machine, once configured, does its job
pretty much on its own. A tool, on the other hand, continually  responds to
the skill, dexterity, and intent of its user.

This is the 90's. My Opthamologist uses an Auto-Refractor, but checks with
those little flip-lenses. My mechanic uses computer diagnostics, but drives
the car around the block to make sure it works. Tools in good hands help
produce good results, in bad hands, well..........

It's a tool, a very good one. I could't live without mine.

Art
Settlement Music School
Philadelphia
pianotech@aol.com